Sunday, August 30, 2015

Getting my Sewjo Back

It's been a rough few years here, hence the silence on the blog front. Noone wants to read about other peoples boring problems -lol-.
So to say I lost my Sewjo in the stress would be a fair thing.

But recently, I put my foot down and said that it was time to do some stuff for me. So I got out the box of sewing stuff and promptly realised that in the move we recently did, a lot of my sewing items got damaged or went missing. Bugger!

Off to the Repair Shop but with the bill starting at $150 just for my machine and $300 for both mine and Dragonett Lass', simply out of our pockets reach.
Then...Spotlight had a sale!! Woot!!

A very basic new machine for me for $89 and a new portable one for Dragonnett Lass for $40 and you have two very happy sewists!!

Sadly, the 'Flu then hit our house hard with everyone taking their turn, so it was a long while before I could even open the box!!

Then, finally, I could feel the lure again.

We have moved from our lovely but highly stressful 4 bedroom home to a teeny 2 bedroom unit so I now have limited places to sew. But never fear beautiful readers, where there is a will, there is always a way!

Our kitchen table! Well, by kitchen I mean only -lol-. The spot many of us space-limited sewists use all around the world!
With the added bonus of our spare tv (that my darling DragonPapa went and hooked up for me to use use as I sew!!

Sewing @ the kitchen table
So, I rummaged about in my way-too-many-patterns and found a new one I just found at my Rummage Sale - complete with the size pattern pieces already traced and cut out! Love when that happens!

40 mins later, I had a pair of Avengers fleecy pants for Hatchling Lass... that was too small. Whoops! She finally grew a bit I guess. So correction, after 40 mins, I had a pair of Avengers fleecy pants for Hatchling Lad and 12 mins after that, a 'proper' fitting pair this time for Hatchling Lass -haha-

Not bad if I say so myself!!



Hatchling Lad in his new pants

Hatchling Lass in her (now fitting) pants

2 down and 2 to go now! Dragonett Lass has informed me on apparently how her pants are to be... gotta love 9yr olds -lol-!

I am so glad to have my sewjo back - my sewing list is looooong and only gets longer by the day...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Come and share in the life of the Jolly Dragons and their adventures.

Thank you for commenting. We love to hear your views and opinions. Comments are moderated because of the Naughty Spammers and a few Grumpy Trolls that lost their bridge, so give us a little time and your comment will be posted :)