I have long wanted a Thermomix after a friend introduced me to it.
But at $2000 it is really out of our reach.
So I resigned myself to gazing with envy at my friends TMX -lol-
Then recently, we were introduced to the Bellini Intelli and after joining The Bellini Addicts group on FB, DragonPapa and I decided to dip into our savings and buy one at the After Christmas Sales.
And can I say - IT'S AWESOME!!
It's certainly not a TMX, but for the price, it is perfect! We have already done several successful recipes already.
DragonPapa wants to start recording the success so we'll be doing a new section for that soon.
One of the things that we are most excited about making is our own butter!!
I have tried so many supermarket butters, and hated them all, so simply thought I didn't like butter. Wouldn't you know?? LOVE our Bellini Butter!!
Simply - we bought discounted cream from the supermarket for 80c (I think) and followed the recipe in the Bellini book - found Here
Butter (Customer Recipe Contribution)
500ml cold water
Tablespoon sunflower oil (we used Olive)
Pinch of salt
1. Insert Stirring Blade into Bowl with Mixing Tool. Add cream.
Speed 3 for around 7 minutes.
2. Remove the Bowl and strain the “butter” through the straining Bowl.
You can choose to keep the buttermilk for later use in cakes or biscuits.
3. Put “butter” back into the Bowl, add the cold water, mix at speed 3 for around 35 seconds.
4. Strain it again to remove the buttermilk.
Place the “butter” back into the Bowl, add sunflower oil & salt.
5. Remove the Mixing Tool. Blend at speed 3 for around 30 seconds.
Looking forward to sharing more in the future...