As I posted many moons ago, I have plans to sew my own Victorian costume. I have started cutting the pieces and learning the different techniques, but I decided to go back and start from the bottom up. So I needed to practice making petticoats for the layering effect over my hoops and for hoopless day dresses.
I also suck at circle skirts, so will be trying another version soon.
I started with an old doona cover that I got from the Rummage Sale - plenty of fabric that way.
After struggling with the circle drawstring hem, I have decided to leave the bottom un-hemmed. I have made it a good 3-4 inches shorter than my dress as I want the dress to be the focus, not the petticoats. I am also tossing up if I am going to put a ruffle on the bottom ....
A full spin, I get a horizontal lay. Heaps of fabric and feels great on!
Can't wait to get some more fabric and try some other versions!